What is Expected of Members of the Rotary Club of Mount Holly?
ATTENDANCE & ENGAGEMENT
Membership in our Club desires that you attend a minimum of 50% of our Club meetings. "Makeups" are easily made at other club meetings, Rotary functions and events, online makeups and/or committee or board meetings. Achieving greater than 50% attendance is not difficult and most of our members far exceed this minimum. The goal and expectation for ALL Rotary members is to be involved, committed and engaged in the use of one's vocation and skills towards Service Above Self. There are many activities related to service projects of focus for the Rotary Club of Mount Holly, e.g., fostering higher education, mentoring, promoting literacy, or improving health and sanitation. Additionally, active participation in Committees such as Club Administration, Membership, Public Image, Finance or the Rotary Foundation offer opportunities for service and may be measured against the Club's strategic priorities. The expectation for engagement to actively participate in about three Club activities a month.
- Rotary International Dues - $15 payable per quarter ($60 per year)
- Insurance, Council on Legislation (COL) & Rotarian Magazine - $4.15 payable per quarter ($16.61 per year)
- Rotary District 7680 Dues - $11.25 payable per quarter ($45 per year)
- Meals and refreshments - $110 payable per quarter (pre-billed) ($440 per year)
- Club Operational Dues - $24.60 payable per quarter ($98.60 per year)
- Optional Rotary Foundation Contribution - $25 per quarter ($100 per year) - This is a tax deductible contribution to Rotary's Charity, The Rotary Foundation. Almost all of our members participate in this worthy charitable contribution to OUR charity.
- Total dues = $165 per quarter ($660 per year)
- Signature Fundraising Events: Men Who Cook, Backpack giving, Holiday Wreath Sales, Annual Christmas Party for underprivileged children and other special events represent around $300 in contributions per Rotarian.
- Happy Dollars - voluntary, proceeds to our club’s charitable giving programs.
- Weekly 30/30/30 "raffles"are voluntary, and proceeds go to our Club’s charitable giving programs.
- Regular participation in our Club's charitable activities (see Engagement above).
- Typical financial commitment with all other charitable activities, including breakfast fees is about $960 per year.
It is expected that each Club member will actively seek out the resources available for service both within the Club, District and through Rotary International. Each Rotarian will seek similarly-minded potential Rotarians for consideration as Club members.